Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rainy Saturday Afternoon

"Staying home alone on a Friday, flat on the floor looking back on old love, or lack there of..." I swear, nothing beats jaded love song lyrics by John Mayer on a rainy Saturday afternoon.




I went to the farmer's market this morning. I'm trying to get into a healthy schedule of waking up at a decent hour, eating better, getting outdoors more, and what not. You know, do all those things I ever wanted to do but didn't because I was sleeping. So I was looking for food to buy and let me tell you what, the farmer's market is really expensive. However, since it only comes around once a week, the produce is better than any store bought crap, and I rarely get the opportunity to go, I treated myself to a fantastic omelet, the majority of a pint of blueberries, and then some grass fed ground beef for one of Emily's recipes. It started misting slightly as I ate my vegetable, cheese, and catfish omelet on the curb. I think there were beets in it as well. It was fantastic. What they do is get a bunch of the sellers to pitch in some of their produce or fish and they make and sell the omelets and split the cost between everybody that participated. I would have had some chai tea with it, but I was running low on money at that point. Orange juice would have been great too. Moral of this story; good food costs money, all the more reason to grow your own and not have to worry about that.

So it's up to Northern Kentucky in a few hours. I'm hoping to get a nap in on the way up in order to be up to some capture the flag where I'm sure I'll offer no particular help in the game, but try valiantly anyway. I think I'm very good at finding people, just not good at running and catching them. Hopefully I'll have real pictures to post when I get back. It's been a while since I've whipped out my camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

take lots of pictures