Monday, June 16, 2008

I may need to get a new life

(Note the lack of shoes on David Boreanaz, hah)

At approximately 44 minutes per episode, and a at a total of 34 episodes, I have watched nearly 25 hours of television this weekend. That is to say, I have spent a full 24 hour day in front of my computer, watching and becoming intensely involved with a fictional made up story, strife with drama and mind teasers and FBI agents and forensic anthropologists and the underlying but distinctly tangible taste of sexual tension that after all these hours has yet to be fully realized. I have done nothing but watch this TV show all weekend.

Holy.

Shit.

I have no life.

Rewind a few days back when I wasn't sure what I was going to do this weekend. I came to the conclusion that instead of watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which has its many perks, what with vampires and martial arts, I would switched over to the more recent and grown up television series Bones, featuring the actor who played Angel in Buffy. This was my compromise. Or perhaps a big error in judgment? If you haven't watched Bones, it's pretty great. Great enough for me to watch a season and a half of it just this weekend. (as a side note, I think I may have accidentally ruined the big twist in season three for myself. shit.) Anyways, that is what I did this weekend.

Oooh! and I saw The Happening, by M. Night Shyamalan. The critics really do not like him. I could rant and rave and tell you its because they're all conformists and narrow minded idiots who'd rather not think when it came to their movies, but that's for another post when I'm more cogent and fiery with my speech. I'll say this, if you like his other films, you'll like this one. If you didn't like his other films, then you're not going to like it. (Though I must say, I wasn't a great fan of Zooey Deschanel in it. I kept expecting her to make me laugh instead of sympathize.)

1 comment:

nlmora01 said...

Bones is pretty great. I'll watch it tonight on FOX and think of your obsession -- but, really. It's the summer. Why not spend countless hours soaking up tv? Heck, I restarted watching Digimon.

I accidentally read something online that ruined The Happening for me. People on imdb are terrible about posting spoilers that give away the entire point of the movie. Marrrgh.