Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Happy Happenings of the Day

  • EUREKA's back!!!!
  • I was treated to this while studying:
    "Why do people buy expensive exercise equipment and use it as a coat hanger? I don't know." - my Human Sexuality professor, musing on why people do self destructive things.
  • The knitting season has finally begun. I have already knit with normal needles, frogged that, reknit with circular needles, frogged that one as well, and finally settled on some dpns three sizes too small that make for a nice concise rib hem.
  • I ate two plums, an apple, and tried out that organic instant macaroni and cheese and wasn't disapointed.
  • I have a week and one day until I get to spend some quality time on this lil' thing with my grandma. Not to mention I have the great pleasure of fulfilling a lifelong dream of traveling to the Galapagos. Had I the time, my reading list would have included at least five books on island biogeography, some on Darwin's life, Origins of the Species, and three other books by E.O. Wilson just to fill things out.
  • And school with all of its promises and opportunities is just around the bend.
Today was a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... let me just tell you that you can substitute a lecture from iTunes U for your missed reading on the Galapagos. It's under the science category under the featured items and it's Free! omg I'm so excited.

Liv said...

You're a iTunes U maniac!