Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Searching for Infinity

Identities float through my brain, the mysteries of the universe almost within my grasp. Those subtle truths so concrete in abstract thought will perhaps one day come to life, taking on personalities of their own, limiting one another's functional domains in order to coexist in mathematical harmony. But until then they offer no respite to my thoughts. Picking up my pencil now, for a moment I find clarity in the idea of infinity. I see a glimpse of its possibilities, of its purpose and meaning, just long enough to calculate my limits. I know there's some hidden beauty in what it does. But before I am able to put word to thought, it evades my grasp entirely and rushes off into the wild brambles of the ethereal world of calculus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're silly. Just accept it.