Friday, September 5, 2008

Algae, Brain Matter, and the French

"He kept a piece of algae behind his ear to remind him of his roots. A million years ago every place was a little place by the sea, he would say and my mind would go blank and I would swim through the day without a care in the world and it all seemed so familiar that I knew I would go back someday to my own little place by the sea."

- Brian Andreas (perhaps...not entirely certain about that one)


It's one of those nights again. I'm tired but I don't want to go to bed just yet. I want to ponder and let my mind wander without sleep closing in around me. I'd like to just let everything fall from my mind onto this page and let it air out for the night before replacing it neatly back into my brain. Alas, this is not the place to put my thoughts on record for all to see. So I'll let Amelie play out to its end and go to sleep before something too exciting happens.

No comments: